I kept it simple with a pre-made sauce and cheese but you can definitely jazz these up a bit more.
Use a homemade sauce for an even lighter option and top with mini pepperoni, turkey sausage, etc. One thing to remember is that the cook time is quite short (see below), so if you’re putting any meat other than pepperoni on these, it will need to be precooked.
HOW TO MAKE
- Set your oven to broil. If you don’t have a broil function, 500 degrees should be sufficient.
- Using a baking sheet, line with foil and spray with cooking spray. I use an Olive Oil spray.
- Using a medium to large size zucchini, cut in 1/4” slices. If you have a smaller zucchini you can cut at an angle to create larger oval-shaped slices.
- Place sliced zucchini on baking sheet, spray tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake zucchini for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from oven, top with sauce, cheese and any other toppings you desire and bake for 1-2 more minutes, careful not to burn the cheese.