The credit for the photo to the left goes to Better Homes and Gardens, this recipe is out of their Skinny One-Pan Recipes magazine from 2016. All other photos were taken by me.
This recipe is incredibly easy and delicious! I’ve made it a few times and the only tweak I make is that I add more chicken because I prefer more protein in my Risotto.
TIP: Use a Fresh Roasted Chicken from the grocery store and save time. I prefer the “no salt added” chicken if available.
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 6oz. Fresh Portobello Mushroom caps, halved and sliced (2-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 – 14.5oz cans Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Arborio Rice (hidden amongst the others in the rice section)
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Italian Parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 2-quart square or rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic and cook until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake, covered, 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, chicken and parmesan cheese, and top with parsley if preferred.
MAKES 6 SERVINGS (1-1/4 cups each)
MACROS (for the exact ingredients I used, pictured below)
- 268 Calories
- 28g Carbs
- 16.2g Protein
- 10.3g Fat